Java in Fedora

Carwyn Edwards carwyn at carwyn.com
Wed Mar 24 13:57:48 UTC 2004

Where can I find more info about the thinking behind how Java
applications like ant/tomcat/xerces etc are being added to FC? We
Currently use Jpackage.org for all our Java packages but it seems that
with FC2 onwards there are going to be horrible package conflicts.

Is there any cooperation or plan in relation to this? As and end user
it's imperative for me that I should at least be able to plug in either
of the Sun/Blackdown/IBM sdks and get a full SDK runtime/toolset.

Carwyn

--
Carwyn Edwards
Computing Officer