X11 and WinKey [was Re: Updating to xorg-x11 packages?]

Wed Mar 24 20:58:03 UTC 2004

Le mer, 24/03/2004 à 02:54 -0500, Mike A. Harris a écrit :

> - Trigger scripts, like any other code, can easily have
>   mistakes/typos, flawed logic, or some other errors in them when
>   they're created which the author and any others who review them
>   may not notice right away.  I have done this myself a few
>   times, and I've seen various Red Hat packages as well as 3rd
>   party packages have broken trigger scripts added to them as
>   well.

I find trigger scripts very useful when they are used as a convenience,
ie :
* core functionnality should not depend on them
* they are wrapped in {} || : (with /dev/null redirects even) : when the
systems conditions change enough they no longer work, well rpm won't see
thay fail and anyway if the system change so much what we wanted to do
is probably obsolete so we should not care about it

Of course, the scriplet content should be reasonably non-threatening,
for example execute something that's not dangerous and should only fail
when the command itself has been removed from the system.

Typical usage is all the registration commands that can be found in a
system.

This is IMHO, btw. I'm not an rpm authority.

--
Nicolas Mailhot