Mandrake macro %makeinstall ?

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Thu Mar 25 06:49:02 UTC 2004

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004, Jos Vos wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 04:43:46PM +0100, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
>
> > > Look (in Mandrake) for something like /usr/lib/rpm/mandrake/macros.
> >
> > I do not happen to have any Mandrake on me. Nor does any of my machines.
>
> Well, *you* were talking about Mandrake first ;-), I don't have it either:

I just needed the info to convert a package to the Fedora faith. Something
which might happen to others as well.

Ackwardly enough while the %makeinstall macro did not work well at first I
can not reproduce the error. (Had to with a remark about background
processes.)

>   > > > I could not find the mandrake macro %makeinstall on the page
>   > > > http://www.fedora.us/wiki/ReferenceMandrakeRPMMacros
>
> > > In RH context it means:

> > Could someone add this to the relevant page?
>
> Better add a reference to /usr/lib/rpm/macros and /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/macros
> to help people finding all of these predefined macros.

It will not help those that want to find out FC equivalents of Mandrake,
FreshRPM, .... specific macro's which are not included. So both sources
have valuable information.

Hugo.

    hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.