Announcing Fedora Tracker -- comments?

Brad Smith brads at redhat.com
Thu Mar 25 15:01:53 UTC 2004

I think he was suggesting that the user should be able to specify a
hierarchy.

I think what I'll do is this (subject to time constraints, so it
probably won't happen until the weeekend): It should be reasonably
simple to have the default search output look something like this:

                 Matches in Fedora Core
- This is the main set of official Fedora packages -
package
package

		     Matches in Fedora Extras
- Supplementary packages managed by the Fedora steering committee -
package
package
package

	     Matches in non-US Fedora Extras
- These packages may violate DMCA restrictions in the US! -
package
package

                    	      Matches in third-party Fedora repositories
- These packages are independently maintained and quality controlled outside of the official Fedora Project. -
package
package
package

Later, a feature could be added to allow users to log in and have
personalized preferences including a customized hierarchy by repository
and repository type. Another useful setting would be custom search
criteria (ie only show yum repos by default)

--Brad