gaim depends on tcl

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun Mar 28 20:47:11 UTC 2004

Warren Togami wrote:
> Pete Zaitcev wrote:
>
>> I could understand if gaim spec had a scriptlet which parsed the output
>> of ./configure and set something like %wehavetcl, then added a Requires
>> like the above. But this is not what is happening. Can you enlighten me
>> about the magic workings in the case of gaim?
>>

> I was thinking about disabling tcl support in Fedora's gaim entirely. We
> have already done it with xchat before FC1 and nobody seemed to complain.
>
> gaim upstream says that nothing they ship uses it.  If nobody says
> "WAIT!!!" within the next day or so it will be done in rawhide.
>
> Warren

Please suggest other fixes to the gaim spec during the next day too.
There was some doubt raised about the validity of the perl plugin path
stuff.  I am also willing to check in simple spec fixes that make
building on older distributions work, if they do not interfere with the
latest FC builds.

Warren