Future: fhs 2.3 compliance for fc3

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Wed Mar 31 22:38:21 UTC 2004

Hi,

A possibly related discussion; we've been wondering if we can make the
OS image read-only (mounting it that way, or via selinux).

Then have /tmp and probably /var in RAM (or wiped on boot), and have
home directories and server/app data such as web pages to be served on
network mounts.

This allows you to maintain the OS image in a central location and the
homedirs and server/app data in central locations, and have a single
network-wide master copy of all important state.

Any filesystem rearrangement probably impacts this plan (some
rearrangement may be needed for this plan).

Havoc