Module ohci1394 not found

Ismael Juma ijuma82 at f2s.com
Tue May 4 10:36:00 UTC 2004

David T Hollis wrote:

> For what it's worth, I was able to build and load the firewire modules
> against 2.6.5-1.347.  I used the latest ieee1394 branch from subversion
> using the attached Makefile.  I have not actually tested connecting any
> firewire devices but my experience with other recent kernels was that

The ieee1394 branch from subversion was merged into one of the recent
mainline kernels (I think it was between 2.6.6-rc2 and 2.6.6-rc3). I
have been using vanilla 2.6.6-rc3 with firewire enabled and I have had
no problems whatsoever. My maxtor external hard drive works as well as
my internal one.

So I guess that for people that really require firewire capability,
compiling their own kernels might be necessary (as it is for people who
want Nvidia binary drivers or NTFS to work - I happen to need the three
of them ;)).

Cheers,
Ismael