_initrddir typo (was: rawhide report: 20040504 changes)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed May 5 05:47:59 UTC 2004

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 07:04:38PM +0200, Matthias Saou wrote:
> Build System wrote :
>
> > - Use %{_mandir} and %{_initrddir}.
>
> Once again, as I never got any answers nor comments about this one :
> Why is it _initrddir for /etc/rc.d/init.d??? It has nothing to do with the
> initial ramdisk, which is (AFAIK) _the_ initrd.
> Is it a typo of the person who introduced that macro into rpm, or...?

It can only be a typo, the question is what should be do, continue
using the wrongly typed macro or introduce something new in parallel
(_initdir or _rcinitdir for instance), and have the old one being
deprecated?

I'd like the latter to happen, but since this is a cosmetic buglet and
only seen by people under the hood it will be considered low priority
by whoever would decide this.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net