systematic Kerberization

Stephen Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Tue May 11 13:25:09 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 22:27, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 21:15 -0600, Stephen Smoogen wrote:
> > THe second matter is that the 3.6 GSSAPI is
> > not compatible with the 3.8 version due to the differences in the
> > proposed RFC between the 2 times.
>
> Which, incidentally, is why we didn't include the patches when they were
> first being proposed :)   Nalin was, justifiably, worried about just
> this happening.

Well sadly, I know of several large organizations that had to include
them anyway (or stop Linux deployment period.) Thankfully there is a
patch to enable backwards compatibility so that a transition can be done
someday.

Stephen John Smoogen		smoogen at lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Lab  CCN-5 Sched 5/40  PH: 4-0645
-- You should consider any operational computer to be a security problem --