Module symbol versions in installer kernel

Paul Gear paul at gear.dyndns.org
Sat May 15 06:09:43 UTC 2004

Hi folks,

I'm very sorry to bother you all with this, but i've asked this before
and never received an answer: what controls the presence or absence of
module symbol versions in the FC1 installer kernel?

I have a module that works fine after install, but can't be used in the
installer (either by plain insmod or by creating a driver disk) due to
the fact that it is looking for versioned module symbols that aren't there.

I have read all of the documentation i can find on this, but can't find
anything relevant in my searches due to the fact that the keywords are
too common and thus the results are not specific enough.

Could you please spare me a couple of minutes to explain what is going
on or point me to some relevant documentation?

Thanks,
Paul
http://paulgear.webhop.net