Fedora for UltraSPARC?

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Sat May 15 20:34:54 UTC 2004

Chris Adams wrote:

> Is anyone working on getting Fedora working on UltraSPARC systems?  I am
> aware of Aurora SPARC Linux, but I would like to run the same thing as I
> run on my x86 systems.

At least one Aurora developer is working on getting FC2 running on
UltraSPARCs.  As of the last update:
Topic for #aurora: Corona/FC2 status: all that remains is gcc34+friends,
kernel, and openoffice (building now)

Unfortunately, none of this is available to anybody other than the
developer in question right now.  I'm sure you can figure out who they
are, and a bit more encouragement to make it available probably wouldn't
hurt.  :-)  HTH,
	Greg