On disttags

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed May 19 17:01:07 UTC 2004

On Wed, 19 May 2004 11:36:54 -0500, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:

> Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>
> > How about foo-1-3.fc3 and foo-1-4.fc4
> >
> > How do I issue an errata for fc3?
>
> foo-1-4.fc3 (which is still smaller than foo-1.4.fc4)
>
> or better, release 2 updates
> foo-1-5.fc3 and foo-1-5.fc4

release foo-1.5.fc4 even if foo-1.4.fc4 was not actually affected by the errata?

yeah...lets design a package naming policy that demands package
updates on systems that are not directly affected by security errata.
won't it be fun..when users start having to eat large package updates
like the kernel or openoffice, just because the packaging naming
scheme makes rolling an update mandatory. Yeah, excuse me while i walk
to the corner of my office and throw up.

-jef