safe to remove IPV6 from kernel?

Stan Bubrouski stan at ccs.neu.edu
Fri May 21 02:53:36 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 22:28, Warren Togami wrote:
> Stan Bubrouski wrote:
> > Quick query, as the title suggests I'm wondering if its safe to remove
> > ip6 from kernel in FC2 + devel?
> >

> This is not a topic suitable for fedora-devel-list, because you appear
> to be doing something unsupported for yourself and would not otherwise

So I'd be alone in having no use for ipv6?  doubtful.

> contribute any improvement value to development of the Fedora Project.

So you feel this question is of no value?  Lot's of people have no use
for ipv6 at this point in time.  People rebuild kernels all the time and
ask questions here.  How is this any different?

> It may be on topic for fedora-list.

Or maybe they'll say why aren't you posting it to -devel since I'm using
latest -devel packages.

-sb