Unresolved dependencies in Rawhide 05/25/04

Richard Hally rhally at mindspring.com
Wed May 26 02:48:25 UTC 2004

Elliot Lee wrote:

> On Tue, 25 May 2004, Demond James wrote:
>

>>Unresolvable chain of dependencies:
>

> At this stage in the development cycle, these are pretty much the norm -
> things are "under development". As we get closer to a release, these
> should disappear.
>
> -- Elliot
> The daring is in the doing
>
> http://people.redhat.com/sopwith/

Aren't these types of dependency screw ups usually fixed by the
responsible packager within a day or two of them being reported?
It's a pain in the butt to continually have to add more and more
--exclude switches to 'yum update' to get past these problems to get the
day's updates
Thanks for your help
Richard Hally