Module ohci1394 not found

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Tue May 4 09:53:15 UTC 2004

Alexandre Oliva wrote :

> On Apr 28, 2004, Chris Kloiber <ckloiber at ckloiber.com> wrote:
>
> > FireWire is currently busted in the latest kernel trees. IIRC it
> > compiles but explodes wonderfully on insertion, taking the whole system
> > and half the of the South East USA seacoast with it into oblivion. It
> > will likely be turned on again when it works.
>
> Which probably means it won't make it to FC2 final.  I plan on
> offering some work-arounds for Firewire users, sort of like I did for
> FC1.  My plan is to take the Firewire code that shipped with kernel
> 2.6.3, since that has worked quite reliably for me.

Eeek!!! Disable FireWire in the final release!? I hope you were joking, and
that whatever working version that existed last will be forward ported
since FireWire seems nearly vital to me.

I personally use it _very_ often to connect an external hard drive, as well
as my MiniDV camcorder with dvgrab/kino, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the
only one.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 1.92 (FC2 Test 3) - Linux kernel 2.6.5-1.327
Load : 1.06 1.15 1.14