systematic Kerberization

Enrico Scholz enrico.scholz at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon May 10 22:31:49 UTC 2004

hp at redhat.com (Havoc Pennington) writes:

> Any real-world experience/scenarios where Kerberos support was needed
> and not available? (Which things should be Kerberized first?)

* cups
* evolution + mozilla (LDAP-bind with GSSAPI based auth) (maybe
  already added; there passed some time since my last tests)
* all the mail-notifier which are accessing IMAP/POP3 mailboxes
* cups
* dovecot (??)
* cups
* ssh
* CVS gserver is not runnable as non-root (a small LD_PRELOAD hack
  which overloads getuid()/getgid() helps; but native functionality
  would be nice) --> perhaps the alternative version management systems
  (subversion, arch) need kerberos support also

aah.. nearly I forgot one: cups

Enrico