Fedora treats security as a joke.

Andrew Farris fedora at andrewfarris.com
Wed May 12 22:26:43 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 11:32 +0200, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> > Over the last few days we've been doing some checking of FC1 and FC2
> > security issues.
>
> Thanks for the update, but instead of using only CAN numbers it would be
> more clear to most when you'd also name the involved packages.
>
> Leonard.

Perhaps simply a suggestion of where people should find more
information.  The purpose of CAN numbers is to clearly, unambiguously,
identify issues... so people won't have to explain each issue -- they
could indirectly involve numerous packages...

The initial email was from a 'compulsive reader of security lists' so it
was fair to assume he knew this.

http://www.cve.mitre.org/cve/

For CAN-2004-0113 for instance...
http://www.cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvekey.cgi?keyword=CAN-2004-0113

--
Andrew Farris, CPE senior (California Polytechnic State University, SLO)
fedora at andrewfarris.com :: lmorgul on irc.freenode.net