[Fwd: Re: Opinion: NVIDIA drivers are a Good Thing [tm]]

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed May 19 14:56:41 UTC 2004

On Wed, 19 May 2004 15:33:08 +0100, Rui Miguel Seabra <rms at 1407.org> wrote:
> I think at least this add restrictions... which is a violation of all
> the GPL and LGPL software included in FC2.

statements like this...pretty much demand informed legal counsel to hold
any real value. My reading of the gpl, tells me trademark law is
outside the scope of gpl completely.  And perhaps if you don't like my
opinion. Perhaps you will follow-up with your own legal counsel on the
mysql lawsuit that made it to court and see if they agree with the
statements made here:
http://www.open-mag.com/features/Vol_24/GPL/gpl.htm

-jef"or perhaps, you can have groklaw community do some legal research
for you"spaleta