FC2 cyrus-imapd...

Lorenzo Luconi Trombacchi lorenzo at reality.it
Sat May 22 09:26:51 UTC 2004

MG wrote:

> Hi!
>
> FC2 contains the cyrus-imapd. It cannot use the old mailbox format.
> How can I migrate it?
> If the users like to download their mails with pop3 then they get
> message: "Unable to locate maildrop."
>
> Now I must use the old imap package (wu-imap) from FC1.
>
> Bye!
> Gabor

You can use dovecot imap server. This imap server is present in Fedora
Core 2 (and in Core 1 too).
It supports either maildir and 'older' mailbox format.
Cyrus-imapd uses a different maildir format not compatible to other
maildir system (different to
the maildir format of  postfix, dovecot, courrier etc...). The migration
from mailbox to cyrus-imapd maildir is possibile
but not easy.

Lorenzo