Request for Packages in Fedora Core 3

Steven Pritchard steve at silug.org
Mon May 24 03:09:17 UTC 2004

On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 09:20:15PM -0400, Peter Linnell wrote:
> "When would Scribus be worthy of inclusion?"

Personally, I think the major "problem" with Scribus is that it is a
Qt app, not a KDE app, so it doesn't exactly integrate with any of the
desktops available in FC.  As an occasional user, I think it would be
nice if Scribus at least had the option of pulling in the KDE libs to
get the consistent dialog boxes and such.

Although, again, I don't think it makes a bit of sense to have an app
like Scribus in Core.  It's definitely Extras material in my mind.

Of course, at this point I'm thinking OpenOffice, Gimp, and various
other things are looking like nice targets for Extras.  4 CDs for
Core?  :-)

Steve
--
Steven Pritchard - K&S Pritchard Enterprises, Inc.
Email: steve at kspei.com             http://www.kspei.com/