Reduce "Core" to 1 Binary CD? -- WAS: Request for Packages in Fedora Core 3

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon May 24 15:54:05 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 01:45 -0400, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> In fact, I was first going to suggest Fedora "microCore" instead of
> Fedora "miniCore" but the common use of "u" as the character for "Mu"
> for "micro" produces a rather "intersting" acronym -- i.e., "FuC".

Bah. What's the point in UTF-8 if people aren't going to use it?

Call it 'FµC' please.

C'mon -- how hard is it to hit AltGr-m instead of just 'u' ? :)

(Yes, I also think that, for example, 'role' should be taken out of the
dictionaries and 'rôle' put in instead, etc. We finally outgrew
ascii-only typewriters. Let's make the most of it. :)

--
dwmw2