Call for Discussion: Summary document concerning Prevention andRecovery of XP Dual Boot Problems

David T Hollis dhollis at davehollis.com
Tue May 25 20:26:14 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 21:34 +0200, Chris Chabot wrote:

> Secondly these notes do mostly seemed geared towards quite advanced users?
> Specificly "..you should use a utility that can read the drive geometry" ..
> I think you've lost quite a bit of your target audiance there already.. What
> utility, what do those values mean, how to use those values in the
> workaround.. ?

I agree on this point totally.  What format is the geometry in?  I've
seen various ways of reporting HD geometry from straight cylinder counts
(4134788423 cyl), to the CHS 16/8/64 whatever style, etc.  A sample of
what the user would be looking for would probably be very helpful.

--
David T Hollis <dhollis at davehollis.com>