FC3rc5

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Tue Nov 2 16:23:16 UTC 2004

Elliot Lee wrote :

> This is likely to be the last FC3 release candidate, so please give it
> all the loving attention you possibly can. It does have fixes for some of
> the more serious issues reported here - your efforts are having results.
> When testing FC3rc5, things that could use extra-special attention are
> upgrades and the kernel. Please make sure to file any showstopper bugs
> (data loss or corruption, major install/upgrade failures)  in bugzilla
> and bring the bug #'s to our attention.

I've got a usability bug, which I don't really know where to file as it
seems to concern both firstboot and system-config-display (the latter, I
guess) :

Although I can choose "LCD 1680x1050" as my screen in firstboot, I cannot
choose that resolution to be the default as it's not offered.

Definitely not a showstopper, but it's the one bug that kept me from
getting a new running system entirely avoiding using a terminal (I had to
edit xorg.conf manually to get the right resolution...). What a pity ;-)

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.9-1.649.radeon
Load : 0.13 0.60 0.78