FC3 PPC development tree / installing FC3 on ibook2001 + B&W PowerMacG3

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Nov 3 14:59:17 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 01:36 +1100, Colin Charles wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 10:24 +0100, Markus Nicolussi wrote:
>
> > i sucked the ppc-devel-tree to my hd, set up a NFS server for the downloaded
> > files and burned boot.iso from the dir "mac". The boot cd booted but it
> > found no network device, and i don't know how to set up the
> > module-parameters which it's maybe requesting...
>
> The iBook 2001 should in theory use the sungem drivers.

I've seen anaconda happily load the sungem driver, then fail to notice
that there's now an eth0 and demand that you specify a network driver to
load. Helpfully it notices that sungem is already loaded though, so it
removes that from the list of options :)

I don't remember if there was a workaround for this; I don't think it's
been fixed. Paul?

--
dwmw2