gnome 2.9

Stephen J. Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 23:06:33 UTC 2004

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 15:31:16 -0500, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:

> What's going on here, isn't flexibility decision-making, this is
> simply an open discussion to acquire feedback that can either be acted
> upon or ignored, where the decision makers hear all or some of the
> expressed opinions and the choose a course of action.  While open
> discussion is not a bad thing, and has its place, I think its
> disingenuous to suggest that community feedback means community
> decision-making.
> </broken_record>
>
> -jef"Look! on the side of the road a dead horse! Let's go beat it!"spaleta

As much as I like Red Hat, and know what its like on the inside... (or
knew).. I have to use a Mr Szuliks phrase: "Amen Brother". This has
got to stop. I would rather see FC4 get put off for 6 months and the
real issues of community building fixed by February than just watch
this poor dead horse get covered in napalm and savaged by people
again.

> --

Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator