rawhide report: 20041106 changes

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Sat Nov 6 21:49:03 UTC 2004

Once upon a time, Farkas Levente <lfarkas at bppiac.hu> said:
> untill now everyone with with @redhat.com email address said that the
> reason of not including mysql in fc3 and rhel4 is license issue. noting
> changed! so those reason was just a for us:-(((

I can't parse your last sentence (I'll take it for a rant), but the
reason was correct.  If you look at the full rawhide report, you'll
notice that the libmysqlclient from 3.23 (the last version under the
LGPL) is now included as a stand alone package, and that several things
that link against libmysqlclient have been modified to use that version
of libmysqlclient instead of the version from mysql-4.1 (which is under
the GPL).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>