new prerelease of mach for the brave testers

Toshio toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Mon Nov 8 22:07:27 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 14:30, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> The next hurdle is the dev rpm of FC2 checking /proc/mounts and deciding
> it won't install because there's a devfs mounted.
>
> I'm not yet sure how I should tackle that.  I could go back to not
> mounting proc but that will give me lots of other errors.  Or, I could
> start overriding calls like open, but that's pretty hackish.

I've been building with mach on a devfs enabled box for a while.  On
that box I'm forced to resort to some dirty hacks to get things to work
but it boils down to mounting devfs (for FC3->FC2 that'll be udev
instead) onto the buildroots /dev.  Then rpm -ivh --justdb'ing the dev
rpm onto the buildroot between doing a mach setup base and mach setup
build.

It's very ugly but it might be more workable from within mach itself.
Then again, it doesn't give you a 100% true representation of what's in
the dev package on FC2....

-Toshio

--
  t  o  s  h  i  o  +  t  i  k  i  -  l  o  u  n  g  e  .  c  o  m