Java status for FC4?

Tadej Janež tadej.janez at tadej.hicsalta.si
Thu Nov 11 10:05:27 UTC 2004

Hi,
I noticed a bunch of new Java packages added to rawhide on 6th of
November, so the following question came to my mind:
Is FC4 geared towards full scale Java adoption?
How does that relate to the jpackage efforts (which are more
distro-independent, I think)?

Lastly, new packages also include Java bindings for gtk, libgnome,
libglade and gconf, so does that mean we can expect desktop applications
written in Java being added to FC in the future?

Thanks,
tadej