Stateless Linux Question

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Sat Nov 13 17:13:07 UTC 2004

Hi,

On Sat, 2004-11-13 at 10:12 -0500, Christopher Hotchkiss wrote:

> But now that I am redoing it let me ask this question. On step 2, part
> 5, section g, line 6. Could you please clarify what you mean by
> "group-name"?

	Hmm, its not really at all specific to Stateless Linux, so that might
be a bit confusing. Its just there to help people get everything set up.

	The "group" in this case is just your normal user group, but in LDAP to
be accessed using NSS. So, I think there might be a step missing:

   Edit /etc/nsswitch.conf, change passwd, shadow, group lines
   to be 'files ldap'

	But maybe I'm not seeing something.

	So, the last line in this part:

ldapadd -x -W -D"cn=Manager,dc=stateless-test, dc=example, dc=com" <<EOF
dn: cn=demo-group,ou=groups,dc=stateless-test, dc=example, dc=com
objectClass: posixGroup
cn: demo-group
gidNumber: 1000
memberUid: group-name

	Should really be "memberUid: demo-group" - i.e. the group your demo
user is a member of.

Cheers,
Mark.