Boot poster challenge

Jeff Pitman symbiont at berlios.de
Sun Nov 14 14:46:08 UTC 2004

On Sunday 14 November 2004 22:37, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> UI could be everything from graphical boot progress meter, to an
> admin start/stop services tool, to some part of the desktop with no
> visible initscripts relationship but underneath it happens to need to
> manipulate a service.

Nothing like firing it up and seeing what breaks!  I'll be using
Enrico's fedora.us packaging as a base but will update to CVS.  It was
put together last year to help with Vserver to boot up faster.

It will definitely require a lot of polishing to be a compelling
alternative.  I don't use the wording "replacement" as there is a lot
of intertwined political mumbo jumbo about SysV.

Thanks for the tips.
--
-jeff