anaconda ftp install

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Nov 17 19:31:15 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 15:00 +0000, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> It seems anaconda just gives up when it has downloaded a bad package.
> Now maybe the nic or something on that iMac isn't perfect, but there's
> a simple solution for remote installs - check the GPG sig of the
> package. If it fails grab it again. That way a clean package is there
> for install, even if it takes more than one fetch to get it.

We check the md5 bit of the header now and do regrabs if it's at a point
that we can.  Checking the GPG sig introduces a difficult chicken and
the egg problem of where to get the key (especially for cases where
people customize their install trees).  See
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/998

Jeremy