stateless problems

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Thu Nov 18 08:09:19 UTC 2004

Hi,

On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 14:03 -0500, Peter Schobel wrote:

> and now when i run the command, a gui interface pops up on my
> workstation for a brief second and then i get this error
>
> [root at store-lan1-100 stateless]# python bootstrap.py -r /reserve-root -b
> /reserve-boot
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "bootstrap.py", line 324, in ?
>     run ('aware-of-vacuity.boston.redhat.com',
> 'dc=sml-demo,dc=devel,dc=redhat,dc=com', True)
>   File "bootstrap.py", line 321, in run
>     gui.run()
>   File "bootstrap.py", line 118, in run
>     r = replicator.BootstrapReplicator (self.ldap_uri, self.root_dn,
> self.debug)
> TypeError: __init__() takes exactly 3 arguments (4 given)

	I think bootstrap.py is broken:

        # FIXME: supposed to pass a StatelessConfig here
        r = replicator.BootstrapReplicator (self.ldap_uri, self.root_dn, self.debug)

	looks like this should work, though:

        self.cfg = StatelessConfig ()
        r = replicator.BootstrapReplicator (self.cfg, self.debug)

	However, the more recent work and testing was done on the command-line
version of the bootstrap tool. See the kickstart file I sent to you
earlier where I was doing:

cd /usr/share/stateless
./stateless-boostrap.py -r /reserve-root -b /reserve-boot

Cheers,
Mark.