repository error in up2date

Otto Haliburton ottohaliburton at comcast.net
Thu Nov 18 14:25:17 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 07:38 -0600, Otto Haliburton wrote:
> When using up2date it fetches the updates correctly but fails when
> trying to get the source for the rpm, is this a local problem for my
> machine or is it a error at the repository.  If it is local where are
> these repositories stored.  It is not sources in the sysconfig
> directory.  It always fails on fetching the source only.
> --

further I've found that the url is malformed which is causing the file
not found error
the url for example is as follows
http://ftp.esat.net/pub/linux/fedora/updates/3/i386/SRPMS/package.src.rpm
and it should be
http://ftp.esat.net/pub/linux/fedora/updates/3/SRPMS/package.src.rpm

the extra arch is being added to the string for the repository, is the
repository in error or is this improperly formed.  The question is where
do I go to examine this formation of the string.
--
Otto Haliburton <ottohaliburton at comcast.net>