Self-Introduction: Orion Poplawski

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Fri Nov 19 17:23:45 UTC 2004

Full Legal Name:  Orion Edward Poplawski
Country, City:    USA, Boulder, CO
Profession:       System Administrator
Company:          Northwest Research Associates, CoRA division

Goals:

Integration of various tools for scientific computing and clustering.  I
currently maintain a modified Fedora distribution for in-house use.
Packages I've worked on include:

- octave-forge, updated octave
- python-gmt
- python-pyx
- python-opendap
- qhull
- ScientificPython
- hdf5
- ginac

I also maintain updated versions of amanda, pam, ypbind, logwatch solely
for internal use, but some changes I'd like to see upstream or more
widely tested.

Historical qualifications:

My name is easily googled :-) and you'll turn up plenty of boring posts
to various lists and newsgroups.  I've submitted minor patches to
various open source projects including PHP, and filed plenty of bug
reports.  I've been a Unix SysAdmin for just over 10 years, been
programming for over 23 years.  I'm proficient in C, Perl, PHP,
(ba|k)sh, awk, sed.  Familiar with C++, Fortran, IDL.

pub  1024D/D142DBFB 2004-11-11 Orion Poplawski <orion at cora.nwra.com>
      Key fingerprint = 5C5A A7EF B441 C533 C656  A9AC 3919 F3AE D142 DBFB
sub  1024g/B7B050FE 2004-11-11

--
Orion Poplawski
System Administrator                   303-415-9701 x222