prelink issues

Jeff Johnson n3npq at nc.rr.com
Fri Nov 19 23:22:24 UTC 2004

Colin Walters wrote:

>On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 17:51 -0500, Jeff Johnson wrote:
>

>>The problem is well known, has poppped up repeatedly, is way too complicated
>>to analyze back to the root cause (which was that only /bin/sh has
>>"rpm_script_t" as
>>exec context type), is "fixed" in rpm-4.3.3 (for FC4), and will be fixed
>>elsewhere
>>as soon as I find a "rpm_execcon" symbol in a libselinux that I can link
>>against,
>>

>I've seen this on targeted machines too, where rpm and scriptlets run as
>unconfined_t, correct?  The above bug report is against selinux-policy-
>targeted too.

All machines, all policies, all rpm's earlier than rpm-4.3.3. The
problem is one of
mix-n-match, not any specific flaw.

Dunno about "unconfined_t" symptom, dwalsh knows the problem details
better than I do.

Look for Smalley's rpm_execcon patch post in September for the last
known manifestation
and analysis of the causes if you wish to understand the gory details to
confirm the problem.

73 de Jeff