RFR: more FC4 Requests

Jeff Johnson n3npq at nc.rr.com
Sat Nov 20 13:49:09 UTC 2004

While I fully understand that "product" is "enhanced" by "features" which,
in the case of a linux distribution, usually means more packages, I
think it's
time to soberly consider what should be removed from Fedora Core as well.

I nominate db1 for elimination, and volunteer to "fix" any Fedora Core
package
that still thinks it needs db1.

I also think it's time to put LinuxThreads on death row. Any program
that cannot
use NPTL at this point in time is very likely to be terminally broken in
other ways
than needing LinuxThreads.

Are there any other known deficient implementations that might
meaningfully be
removed in FC4?

73 de Jeff