fedora.us and Extras FC3 Status

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Wed Nov 24 03:25:04 UTC 2004

Enough people were confused about the situation, so I am making this
interim anouncement.

download.fedora.us for FC3 will only replicate from
download.fedora.redhat.com for convenience of apt users.  yum users
should use official download.fedora.redhat.com mirrors which are twice
as plentiful.

Currently the RPMS.extras directory is empty, because redhat's
infrastructure for the Extras relaunch is not done yet.  We're *really*
close now with build servers in the rack and CVS in configuration and
heavy testing.  Lots of tweaking and labor still pending.   Don't ask
for ETA.  If we have to answer questions, it will slow us down further.

Extras when built will be simultaneously available for i386 and x86_64
(both supported FC3 archs) and distributed in
download.fedora.redhat.com.  fedora.us will automatically replicate from
those directories for apt users.

Details about CVS, contribution legal forms, governance, and development
process & policies will be revealed when this relaunch happens.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com