stateless linux

Peter Schobel pschobel at porchlight.ca
Wed Nov 24 20:13:44 UTC 2004

ok, i guess what's happening is that it can't determine the snapshot
information - any idea why this might be?

[root at pinab-devel ~]# /etc/cron.hourly/stateless-replicator
Mounting /dev/hda3 at /tmp/tmpkI23Bo/reserve_root (type ext3)
Mounting /dev/hda1 at /tmp/tmpkI23Bo/reserve_boot (type ext3)
Could not determine client snapshot information for reserve boot
partition
Provisioning data from server:(config "pinab", protocol "None", snapshot
"pinab-8")
Getting (config "pinab", protocol "None", snapshot "pinab-8") to device
/dev/hda3
rsync url:"rsync://cms.porchlight.ca/stateless/pinab/pinab-8/"
excluding /boot
rsync finished
role finished
Getting (config "pinab", protocol "None", snapshot "pinab-8") to device
/dev/hda1
rsync url:"rsync://cms.porchlight.ca/stateless/pinab/pinab-8/boot/"
rsync finished
role finished
relabelling /dev/hda2 to "RESERVE_ROOT"
relabelling /dev/hda3 to "/"
relabelling /dev/hda5 to "RESERVE_BOOT"
relabelling /dev/hda1 to "/boot"
Unmounting /tmp/tmpkI23Bo/reserve_boot
Probing devices to guess BIOS drives. This may take a long time.

    GNU GRUB  version 0.95  (640K lower / 3072K upper memory)

 [ Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported.  For the first word, TAB
   lists possible command completions.  Anywhere else TAB lists the
possible
   completions of a device/filename.]
grub> root (hd0,0)
grub> install (hd0,0)/grub/stage1 d (hd0) (hd0,0)/grub/stage2 p
(hd0,0)/grub/grub.conf
grub> Unmounting /tmp/tmpkI23Bo/reserve_root
Unmounting /tmp/tmpkI23Bo/reserve_boot

Peter Schobel
~