Killer apps/"selling" points of FC and GNU/Linux

Avi Alkalay avibrazil at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 14:34:30 UTC 2004

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:25:01 +0100, Harald Hoyer <harald at redhat.com> wrote:
> Avi Alkalay wrote:
> > But personaly, I´m not really sure FC3 (not just Linux) is ready for,
> > say, my mother to use. And she does only browsing, e-mail and
> > messenger. She is already using Firefox on Windows though.
>
> So "using" Linux should be no problem for her, because "she does only browsing,
> e-mail and messenger", which FC3 can do just fine.
> "Installing and Configuration" would be a problem.

I tried, really, but its not that easy...
There are some annoying details about usability.....

I also tryied to put Thunderbird instead of OutLook.
My father used it for a while, and he liked the anti-spam features
(after learning how to use it). But after a week or so he asked me if
he can go back to Outlook, also because of some usability issues.
Firefox is OK and he's still using it. He find it a bit slower than IE
though.

Regards,
Avi