Eina - gtk2 replacement for xmms

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Mon Nov 29 10:32:30 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 10:31, Avi Alkalay wrote:
> They want to make their first steps into the Open Source world and see
> if they can build an ecosystem around their dead products and dead
> technologies. Probably a plugin for their Helix player is compatible
> with RealPlayer too, and they want to see plugins popping around.

If they were really serious about their efforts to set a foot into the
world of free software, they'd make plugins (which don't even have to be
GPL'ed, mind you!) available to play Realmedia content using GStreamer.
I've even offered to write those plugins for them, for free (see the
GNOME d-d-l archives)! The whole GNOME and KDE desktop would suddenly
play realmedia files.

But as we all know, it's really just a joke. They don't care about the
free software world. They need users to get funding for their paid
content. Very disappointing.

Ronald

--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>