kernel-sourcecode missing?

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Mon Nov 1 07:15:25 UTC 2004

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, Paul Iadonisi wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 00:44, Rodd Clarkson wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > It appears to me that there should be some sort of a comment about this
> > somewhere.
>
>   Agreed.  I haven't checked, but I'll take your word for it that it's
> not in the current release notes.

It is already documented in current release notes:

---
     o In order to eliminate the redundancy inherent in providing a
separate
       package for the kernel source code when that source code already
       exists in the kernel's .src.rpm file, Fedora Core 3 no longer
includes
       the kernel-source package. Users that require access to the kernel
       sources can find them in the kernel .src.rpm file. To create an
       exploded source tree from this file, perform the following steps
(note
       that <version> refers to the version specification for your
       currently-running kernel):

[snip]
---
	- Panu -