FC3 PPC development tree / installing FC3 on B&W PowerMacG3

Markus Nicolussi mcwimpy at gmx.at
Thu Nov 4 14:45:02 UTC 2004

> On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 02:13:22AM +1100, Colin Charles wrote:
>
> (besides, who wants to do an NFS install over wifi?)
what's wifi?

> On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 14:59 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
>
> I've seen anaconda happily load the sungem driver, then fail to notice
> that there's now an eth0 and demand that you specify a network driver to
> load. Helpfully it notices that sungem is already loaded though, so it
> removes that from the list of options :)
That's what happens to me if i try to install on the PowerMacG3 (350MHz),
but with the bmac driver. alt Alt+F4 it says:
<7> divert: allocating divert_blk for eth0
<6> eth0: BMAC+ at 00:05:02:61:a3:51
so i guess anaconda could load the driver. but it doesn't go further then.
It just keeps me asking to select a driver...

Until now i just tried to install on the PowerMac. It's more important than
the ibook. but if i trie the ibook i will let u know what happened.

now i am experimenting with to burn the FC3 devel tree to a DVD and select
"CD-ROM" as installation mode...

ciao, nico.

--
Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail + 3 Top-Spielfilme auf DVD
++ Jetzt kostenlos testen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail ++