rawhide report: 20041106 changes

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sat Nov 6 22:07:58 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-06 at 22:00 +0100, Farkas Levente wrote:
> Build System wrote:
> > mysql-4.1.7-3
> > -------------
> > Fri Oct 29 2004 Tom Lane <tgl at redhat.com> 4.1.7-3
> > - Handle ldconfig more cleanly (put a file in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/).
> >
> > Thu Oct 28 2004 Tom Lane <tgl at redhat.com> 4.1.7-2
> > - rebuild in devel branch
> >
> > Wed Oct 27 2004 Tom Lane <tgl at redhat.com> 4.1.7-1
> > - Update to MySQL 4.1.x.
>
> untill now everyone with with @redhat.com email address said that the
> reason of not including mysql in fc3 and rhel4 is license issue. noting
> changed! so those reason was just a for us:-(((

No it wasn't. Quit with the useless and silly conspiracy theory. There
are much better things to be paranoid about. I'm reasonably sure that
red hat legal worked out the problems with the mysql licensing so that
mysql could be included OR mysql4 will not be linked to php, thus
avoiding the problem that was mentioned.

And you'll note I'm not @redhat.com and I'm saying this, too.

-sv