A true package manager.

Bill Hope wehope_be at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 7 14:57:53 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-06 at 23:04:56, Iago Rubio wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-11-06 at 13:22, Jos Vos wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 01:10:09PM +0100, Iago Rubio wrote:
> >
> > > I don't think yum should merge with up2date. Yum bypasses up2date
> > > functionality right now and frankly I don't use up2date ever
because
> > > it's still buggy (On my FC1 and FC2 systems).
> >
> > What are the bugs you encounter?
>
> Mostly hangs when downloading packages.

<SNIP>

Sorry to jump in here. This is to validate some of Iago's comments..

I have hangs when it's trying to get headers. If it hangs I restart it
so it goes to a different site. Otherwise it will sit forever fetching
package headers. If I get to downloading packages, I'm home free.

It would be wonderful if there was a full-auto option.

I'm new to this maillist. Been running Redhat/Fedora for a year and a
half. Other Unix platforms for 15 years. I'm currently getting digests.

I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty.

Regards,
Bill