rawhide report: 20041106 changes

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Mon Nov 8 18:48:01 UTC 2004

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 04:31:16PM -0200, Casimiro de Almeida Barreto wrote:
> First RH people got rid of almost all interesting multimedia libraries,
> so people had to find and download it from places that are not RH

Thats required by the American government and its broken patent system.
Brazilians may be allowed lots of software, and to play DVD's they own but
that isn't a right in the land of the fee..

> have to fight with the fact that the lawyers at RH are GPL zealotes and
> this is anoying...

No our lawyers merely believe in doing things according to the law, be that
the GPL, BSD or even non-free licenses in RHEL extras.

Alan