RedHat forks OpenSSH?

alan alan at clueserver.org
Tue Nov 9 01:37:14 UTC 2004

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Paul Iadonisi wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 20:23, Kenneth Porter wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > Has anyone outside the US created an RPM yet that reverses this and
> > restores the original tarball, while otherwise keeping the rest of the RPM
> > the same?
>
>   Just curious: why in the world would even *want* this grossly insecure
> algorithm (humorously named "*Alleged* Content Scrambling System") in
> what is supposed to be a *secure* shell?

The MPAA?

Seriously, it is more the principle of the thing.  We are starting to see
more and more rpms with sources that have had parts hacked off to pander
to some regulatory regime or another.  It destroys the Purity of Essense
of the rpm concept.

>   Nevertheless, sounds like a job for livna.org.

Or the Cypherpunks(tm).

--
Q: Why do programmers confuse Halloween and Christmas?
A: Because OCT 31 == DEC 25.