RedHat forks OpenSSH?

Iago Rubio iago.rubio at hispalinux.es
Tue Nov 9 09:54:04 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 02:50, Damien Miller wrote:
[snip]
> Given the choice of improving OpenSSH vs. chasing up hidden vendor
> changes motivated by a misguided legal department before I can determine
> whether a bug report is valid, I know which will always win.

With the new - 1 Oct - copyright law in spain you could face a 2 year
term at state jail, just for posession of a tool capable to decode the
ACSS algorithm.

So the "misguided legal department" at RH have done a good move, at
least to ship Fedora/RHEL in Spain.

OpenSSH users should know they can face prision in some countries - well
in Spain - if you install upstream OpenSSH.

--
Iago Rubio