Why kernel source is not in Distribution that is installed

Otto Haliburton ottohaliburton at comcast.net
Tue Nov 9 23:02:42 UTC 2004

here is what I mean, the rpm installs the kernel to /usr/src/redhat, where
in all old distribution it installed the source to /usr/src.  It is agreed
that the kernel can be built anywhere, but to stick the source under redhat
is not a choice that I think fedora project wants to do.  Storing the source
quite often creates a situation where you do a rpn install and then the
person can't locate the source.  That is the complaint.  And I get your
point on the thread so this is the last response from me.