Stateless Linux

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Wed Nov 10 10:02:22 UTC 2004

Hi,

On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 09:22, Gianluca Sforna wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to play with this "toy" as well so, before starting, just
> a couple of questions:
>
> 1. are the stateless tools already "aligned" with FC3?

	The work was done on a development release of FC3 and should work with
FC3, yes.

> 2. since we are talking about experimental funcionality, is it always
> advisable to get the lastest code from the CVS intead of using the
> pre-packaged rpms?

	Its certainly not a bad idea to take check out the "sml" and
"readonly-root" modules from CVS and build RPMs from there. Its fairly
straightforward to do too - just "make dist" and copy the tarball and
spec file to /usr/src/redhat and rebuild.

Cheers,
Mark.