FC3 and my webcam

David Hollis dhollis at davehollis.com
Fri Nov 12 21:18:18 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 09:08 +0100, Gianluca Sforna wrote:
> I had around a cheap webcam but were always unable to use it with
> Linux since there weren't a proper driver in the 2.4 kernler serie.
> Now, just for curiosity, I plugged it into my newly installed FC3
> laptop and it is still not working but there is an improvement; here
> is the log result:

The homepage for the sn9c10x driver is at:
http://www.linux-projects.org/modules/news/

You'll notice the big blurb about the driver only supporting the
Video4Linux2 API, not v1, which is what most apps are.  Your device is
working just fine, it's the apps that need to be updated.  Most/all apps
don't currently support the new API so feel free to roll up your sleeves
and write some patches!

--
David Hollis <dhollis at davehollis.com>